Thursday 13 October 2011

13 Oct 2011 – Tormos

Rosemary did not walk with us on Monday, so this was her first walk since she arrived on holiday last week.   She wanted an easy one to start with, and this old favourite from Tormos to Isbert Dam is quite level and mostly on good paths
I was also quite pleased to tackle a less challenging walk, as I had bruised my foot on Monday and it was quite painful.
It was also much warmer than we expected.   We are having an extended summer this year with record high temperatures for October.   This is quite an exposed walk, and being in a valley there is not much chance of a cool wind.
My foot proved more of a problem than I had anticipated.  And by the time we reached the abandoned rail tunnel it was sore enough to persuade me not to tackle the boulders on the dry river bed.   So we had our picnic lunch in a shady spot beside the tunnel and made our way back to Tormos.

No comments:

Post a Comment